Saturday 27 October 2012

Eve Lom Cleanser - One Month Review

About six weeks ago or so I decided I needed to take drastic action for my skin. I'll admit it, I had been rather lazy with my skincare routine and it showed! It's funny how it only takes a short time period of not paying much attention to your skin to completely mess it up. Then take ages to correct fully! This correction of mine was a definite financial hassle as well. Which brings me to my first review - The Eve Lom Cleanser.

As most of the worlds population have probably already heard, this cleanser has been a cult beauty product for years and years. I can't think of a single Beauty Editor who hasn't made claim in whichever publication about the genius of this product and the fact that it should be a permanent structure of our skincare routine. So, basically, it is constantly surrounded by a swarm of hype and has been for a very long time but, at around £50 a pop, it wasn't something I could easily buy time and time again. However, seeing as my skin had somehow taken a swift left-turn into Shitsville, I decided the time was right and made my way to my local SpaceNK to get a good look at this bad boy.

















Don't you just LOVE SpaceNK? I know I do! I especially love the fuss that is made over you once you go in and declare that you are going to purchase the most expensive cleanser they have, and (for once) are not chancing it by trying to get a load of free samples *wink wink*

So, onto the Eve Lom Cleanser - The first thing I noticed about this product was the smell. I was expecting something completely different to what it actually is and, to be honest, I was a little let down. I like skincare products to either have no smell, or, that french beauty salon smell which is in a league with - say - Caudalie Fleur de Vigne Instant Foaming Cleanser. Very light, fresh and feminine. This, however, had quite a strong, musky smell which I didn't love. Maybe I'm just fussy.
You get a complimentary muslin cloth with your cleanser under the instructions of putting it in the washing machine once a week and replacing it every three months. The cloth itself is so large I simply cut it in half with some scissors, so now I have two for the price of one!
For application, you apply the littlest amount possible to your fingertips and rub them together to warm up the cleanser, then applied it to your face (I can't emphasise "littlest" enough!). Using small circular motions, you massage the product into your face, eyes and neck for about one minute - it doesn't hurt your eyes at all so don't worry - then use the muslin cloth to remove.
I have tried several ways of using the cloth and by running it under warm water then folding it up small, so its like a little sponge, is best as it retains the heat to open your pores whilst being incredibly gentle at removing all of the product.

To be honest, after the first go at this there is a great difference. My skin was completely clean and felt incredibly soft. Now, after over a month of usage, my skin looks glowing and beautiful. I'm usually one who tries to stay away from hype but in this case it was a winner. The Eve Lom Cleanser is a verified member of my skincare family from now on and I would highly recommend this heavenly product.



(image via florencefinds)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...