Friday 9 November 2012

For flawless skin (pale)



























For an evening out I want makeup that will make me look airbrushed and 'beauty-ad-worthy' - to be blunt - as well as having great staying power! What's the point of putting all that time and precision into your look only to had it melt off within the first hour of dancing to Britney? I have chosen my top three products which will make my skin flawless and smooth. Once you have the base of your face perfect, everything else (like eye makeup) will fall into place.

1. Barbara Daly Makeup Concealer  - This was the first item I got from Tescos makeup range. It was cheap and cheerful and after dabbing a bit of the tester on the back of my hand, I was impressed by the quality. I use this to cover up any face blemishes I may have, such as spots or blackheads. A little trick I use is, after using my face primer, I put a small amount on first BEFORE my foundation and again AFTER I apply foundation. I find this makes it last longer but you have to blend both layers in very well to make it look natural. It gives a medium coverage which you can build on if you have particularly problem skin. The only problem I have with this is that it doesn't come in a tube with applicator like most others. I just feel that constantly using fingers is a tad unhygienic, so always use a blending brush. This works great with the small end of my Primark Foundation/Concealer Brush which I posted on in my 'Autumn Favourites'. (click here)

2. Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer in Fair  - This is the cult, bargained price concealer for beauty bloggers, retailing at around £4.00. I finally got mine for the first time last month and can safely say it works wonders. I use this after my foundation under my eyes and around the outer corners of my nose. It just helps take away dark circles and any discolouration you may have. I particularly like this as it gives medium coverage but feels like it's completely lightweight, which is great as you don't want to feel like you've caked on your makeup.

3. Nars Sheer Matte Foundation in Siberia - I was so happy when I found this! As I have such pale skin, finding a great quality foundation that's the right shade is sometimes a mission. I usually had to compromise and go a couple of shades darker than normal when I was younger, which made me quite self conscious.  It costs (deep breath) £29.50, so this is an investment cosmetic for me which I use sparingly for nights out where I want to look my best. This has had mixed reviews but I personally find this product to be amazing. I have oily/combination skin so using an oil-free foundation is a must as my makeup will just melt off at the slightest body temperature increase! Seriously! If you are lucky enough to have normal skin then try the 'Sheer Glow' version which I hear is fabulous.
This gives medium coverage, blends well with a foundation brush and leaves the skin feeling smooth and soft. The only issue with this product is that it doesn't have a pump in the bottle so you have to pour out the product onto the back of your hand - old school style - which is a bit frustrating. I've since heard that Nars are going to start adding the pump to newer bottles soon as they've had so many complaints. We shall just have to wait and see!

4 comments:

  1. Great post! I use the same concealer, it really is a cult product, and for good reason. I must say I've never tried anything from the Tesco make-up range, in fact I didn't even know they had one! I tend to use MAC NC15, but that's also rather expensive - it's my fancy foundation haha.

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm too pale for all of MAC'S foundations which sucks! I heard they have a pure white liquid which you can mix with their lightest colour to create your own perfect match but that sounds like too much hassle! x

      Delete
  2. I know nothing about make up so thanks for sharing!

    ENTER MY NEW GIVEAWAY!

    SUPPORT THE RED CROSS!
    http://bellesandrebelles.blogspot.com/2012/11/stella-dot-x-red-cross-trunk-show-and.html

    xx.M
    www.bellesandrebelles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...