Saturday 10 November 2012

MUA HAUL



























I was so excited to see my Superdrug delivery come in the post a few days ago! I took advantage of their online free P&P offer and decided to do a makeup haul. I wanted to see how much I could get for £20.00 and was thrilled that the little padded jiffy bag in the mail was packed with goodies. For half of my budget I decided to try out MUA (Makeup Academy). I had never purchased anything from this brand before but know from my fellow beauty bloggers that it is a goldmine for products, with their basis line costing just £1. £1! If you are new to makeup then this is the way forward. I'm impressed. This is what I got;

1. MUA Eyeshadow in Shade 4 Pearl - This is a lovely pigmented, purple shade which would best suit those with brown eyes. I have green eyes yet it looks great on me. You can use this alone on the base as a nice small pop of colour or as part of a smoke eye. It isn't overly powdery which gives it a 'paint pot' feel.

2. MUA Eyeshadow in Shade 17 Matt - As the name suggests this is a matte eyeshadow in a neutral, beige tone. Again, like the other one, it feels rather creamy which is strange for a powder but in a good way. This can be used to create a "no makeup, makeup" look.

3. MUA Eyeshadow in Shade 16 Matt - This is a neutral, pink toned shadow which has a matte finish. This would work well with most of the other shades of the collection as the colour can be easily complementary.

4. MUA Eyeshadow in Shade 19 Matt - This is the darkest shadow I got and will use it to create either an evening smokey effect look or daytime natural look. I tried it on earlier and it gave my eyes nice definition and structure. I had used it with my damp angled eyeliner to run along the lash line as I like a brown shade to wear during the daytime.

Overall, these shadows are great value for money and I will defiantly be purchasing more and looking into their palettes.**

5. MUA Mascara in Shade 5 - A standard black mascara to give your lashes more definition. I find that, to work out how well your mascara works is to first apply it on its own with no other makeup, then the next time use it with makeup (but not with curled lashes), then on the third time curl your lashes and apply it. You will see which way works the best and which look it's best suited to. Also, always try different layers of mascara, beginning at one, then two and so on to your get desired effect. I find this works well on curled lashes and I only need one coat for a daytime look. I wouldn't use it for night-time.

6. MUA Blusher in Shade 1 - This is quite a small product for a blusher so I don't think it will last long but for the price, it's fine. A nice pink shade with peach undertones, this matte blusher feels quite powdery so use an extra soft brush to apply it with. I apply it onto the apples of my cheeks to give me a nice, soft flush of colour. The packaging is a little flimsy on this, however, am I'm scared its going to break quite easily so I may have to depot it somehow. Other than that, it's a good quality cosmetic.

7. MUA Lipstick in Shade 3 - The lipsticks were the products I was most excited about. I wanted to purchase them all but I limited myself to two. First off, these smell beautiful! Like a nice vanilla scent which is a great little detail for a lipstick, although, one seemed more fragrant than the other somehow. The colour of this is like a medium, hot pink shade with subtle plum undertones and is quite matte. It would look great for an evening look with casual eye makeup; it would look especially good on date night! A definite eye-catcher.

8. MUA Lipstick in Shade 12 - Both lipsticks I have are very creamy which I love. This colour is a subtle pale pink with peach undertones and this has some shimmer in it that the other doesn't. I wore this today and it looked very pretty and natural. I would highly recommend these lipsticks and will most definitely be adding more to my collection.

9. MUA Nail Varnish in Shade 1 - This is small. Very small. The kind of small I had warned you all about in my earlier posts. A 6.2ml sized bottle small. The smallest nail varnish I own. So, this is definitely travel-sized, whether it intended to be or not. Its saving grace is the colour. A dark, rich midnight blue which has shimmer mixed in. When this catches the light it looks lovely, I've had numerous remarks about it since I started wearing it which is always a good sign. The applicator brush is medium-sized which is okay and I needed about three coats to get the maximum effect. Overall this was an average product so I would be hesitant to purchase many more as I feel you can get great one from other budget makes, like Rimmel.




**If you own any of the MUA palettes and know if they are any good then please comment and let me know about them. Or if you could give me links to blog posts on them, I would be very grateful. Thanks. x

1 comment:

  1. I love MUA! I've been buying their stuff for quite a while now, and their blushers are the ones I use most, even though I have ones by MAC, Sleek and various others. I've repurchased Shade 1 before, it's my favourite! I recently bought a couple more that I've not tried before and I'm also waiting on a package from them. On their website they have a 3for2 deal on at the moment. I'll be trying their cream blush and the Undressed palette as it's a dupe for the Naked palette I think (I'll be doing a post on that soon). I already have the Heaven and Earth one which is great and has loads of neutrals in it. For 4 quid you can't really go wrong!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...