Monday 7 January 2013

BLUE MASCARA?


This is the first non-black mascara I've ever owned. I saw a video Lisa Eldridge did on one of  her models where she used a cranberry shade mascara and I was intrigued to see if it would work on me. So far I've only come across a blue colour - with the exception of some very expensive coloured ones from luxury brands - so I bought this for only £1.99 as I didn't think it was right to spend more than what I would on a regular mascara; 



Collection 2000 Colour Lash 'All Day Lasting Wear' Mascara in 5 Electric Blue - This is a very vibrant royal blue colour which has some lighter undertones. It is a basic mascara in its formulation and the application wand is a standard size and shape. When I tried this, it didn't seem to give the same impact that the black mascara does and I found I needed about 3 coats to get any sort of effect. Having said that, once I did, the look of this was very nice. It isn't at all too overbearing and garish - I could easily wear it during the daytime - and I think this works the best over a first coat of black mascara. I am defiantly going to look into this more as I'm sure there are better ones on the market with much more of a colour range, so if you know of any, please comment and let me know. Thanks xoxo


4 comments:

  1. Coloured mascara is definitely a novelty! I haven't tried any though blue seems like a more wearable option. Brown doesn't count, does it? :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think brown does actually! Yeah, it is something you would wear for a fancy dress night out or something. Although the one I have is very subtle, so if you wanted to be daring you could try and wear it during the daytime

      xoxo

      Delete
  2. I used to love blue mascara when i was younger, I will defintely be trying it out again this time round! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is worth a go and for £1.99 you can't really go wrong. I'm on the lookout for more colours now!

      xoxo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...