Friday 4 January 2013

ILLAMASQUA LIQUID METAL - RESOLUTE



This is my first ever Illamasqua purchase! Tis' unbelievable that I haven't got anything from this brand in my collection until now. I am saving up to try their foundation in the very light shade as I've heard good things from the beauty blogging world about it. As I'm sure you all know my love for the Maybelline Colour Tattoos is immense and so I decided to go up a notch and try a luxury version of this cream eyeshadow. I was browsing the sales and came across Illamasqua and my eyes instantly set on this product. The colour just spoke to me, it was so beautiful and unique and I knew it was coming home with me! I was also pleasantly surprised to see it was reduced from £17.50 to £10, so I knew I was getting a good deal. 


Called "Resolute", this is a gorgeous burgundy colour with some burnt red/brown undertones which looks amazing against my green eyes and pale skin. I now know what it means when they say a product can make your eyes "pop" - this certainly does. This isn't as pigmented as my other cream shadows but it is so easy to build up the colour to get a real vibrant tone. Lovely shimmer is in this but it's not too overstated, making it more elegant in my opinion. I apply this either with my fingers or a flat eyeshadow brush and it is the easiest way to get a great eye look FAST! The consistency of this is much more creamier than Maybelline, which tells me it shouldn't dry out too soon (and don't forget my tip to always store these sorts of things upside down to prevent drying) and as a little goes a long way, this should be around for a while. I adore this so much that I think I'm about to embark on a love affair with this brand of makeup - and I did also see one of these Liquid Metals in a nice gold colour along with the blushers in the range, which all looked amazing - so look out for future posts as I have a feeling you will see more and more Illamasqua. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...