Friday 4 January 2013

RIMMEL MATCH PERFECTION FOUNDATION


As much as I love Rimmel products, I had never rated their foundations - mainly because they were far too dark for my porcelain skin. However, going on the recommendation of my fellow beauty blogger Jenny via her 'jeneral rambling' blog here - in which she informed me that the brand have released a really pale shade of their new foundation - I decided to give it a go. And I'm happy I did! I only payed £4 for this as it was on offer (usually it is around £6.99) and I'm so pleased at how much of a bargain this cosmetic is. 



The foundation comes in a 30ml glass bottle with the added bonus of a pump dispenser (listen up Nars, if Rimmel can do it then so can you!). I got the lightest shade which is 010 Light Porcelain and it is a great colour match for me. I apply this with my Real Techniques Stippling Brush and needed about 2 pumps of product to get the best finish, which is around medium coverage. The finish is a satin effect which is a nice change for me and it leaves a subtle glow on the skin, which also worked very well with a bit of highlighter added on top. I feel as though this lasted pretty well throughout the day with only minor touch-ups needed. It also has an Spf18, which pleases me.
 The only problems I have with this is that there isn't a suitable concealer to buy with this foundation and the only Match Perfection Concealer shades are still way too dark. The other negative thing about this is that it does settle in more dry areas around my face - namely around the nose area - but I'm sure that's just to do with the winter weather and my skin should recover soon enough.

Overall, this is a great foundation to have in your collection. It's cheap yet works as well as some of the more luxury branded ones. Great recommendation. 


4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you like it! It's a fantastic foundation especially for the price but I agree about it settling in dry patches. Hopefully it'll work better once the weather warms up a little. If that ever happens! Concealer wise I use Collection lasting perfection in Fair or Touche Eclait in Shade 2. Elf also do a decent concealer+highlighter duo for a good price and it's very light. It really is a shame their concealer doesn't match their foundation though, very odd!

    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like it, I wound never of even thought about Rimmel for a foundation if it wasn't for your review! So thanks! Yeah I have the Collection 2000 one as well but find that too much coverage and a bit too cake. I used to own the Touche Eclat years ago - when it was only available in one shade (which magically suited every skin tone!) so I may go back to that one - is it still as light reflecting and sheer as I remember it?
      I know it is odd about the Rimmel concealer - I hope they come out with one that suits their foundation soon!

      xxx

      Delete
  2. Great that it lasts the whole day. Maybe I'll buy this foundation next?

    Emily ooo
    thestyleexplorer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, defiantly give it a go! It is too affordable not to at least try it! I think I might mix mine with a tiny bit of moisturiser so I can use it like a tinted moisturiser as well - for days when I don't need as much coverage.

      xoxo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...