Sunday 20 January 2013

TOPSHOP EYE CRAYONS


Recently, I've seen quite a lot of TopShops cosmetics being used in Pixiwoo's YouTube videos and both the sisters rave about the brand. I do love TopShops clothing - although it is becoming a tad too expensive in my opinion - so I wanted to get in on the action with regards to their makeup. I did see a lovely highlighter powder but they only had a sample of it in store so I opted for these cream eyeshadow crayons instead. Ever since I discovered my beloved Maybelline Colour Tattoos I have as yet to come across anything - high end or drug store - that parallels in the quality. These almost make the cut but not quite. 


First off is the price, they are £6 each but I got them using my old student card (don't tell on me!) giving me 10% off. I picked the shades Marble and Rust as they were both very wearable colours and the paler one can also be used as a highlighter. I've never used an eyeshadow that is in a crayon form before and I actually really like that gimmick; more companies should follow suit as it is far more hygienic. These are very creamy and swatch onto the lids like butter but I found that they set far too quick! I like to spend a few minutes blending out eye colours but because these dry so quick, I've found that they can start to cake a bit on my eyes. Another main in point to note is that you really shouldn't use an eye primer with these as it can add to the caking effect - if anything I needed to moisturise my lids to help with the blending! I think that with a bit more practice these can be good products - the lighter side is great for the inner corners of the eyes to really brighten them up and a tiny bit on the cupids bow looks really lovely. Try them for yourself and comment and let me know how you all have found them. 


4 comments:

  1. These do love gorgeous, and £6 doesn't seem all too pricey neither! I'm not the most talented at eye make up, it takes a while, but these are cute and I love the colours so much I might just have to practice!
    Mia x
    New follower, by the way, I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lighter shade is defiantly great for highlighting the inner corners of the eyes! Thanks for commenting and following - I shall follow back

      xoxo

      Delete
  2. This is a nice idea! It's a shame they dry so quickly, though.

    Kimberley x

    Http://kimberley77.blogapot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's so annoying! I will just have to be quicker with my application!

      xoxo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...