Tuesday 18 December 2012

LUSH MINI HAUL



























I love LUSH. It's as simple as that. I love that smell that hits you as you are walking towards the store. I love the design and interiors and the generosity of the sales people. The samples? The cute packaging? The fact I can go on a bit of an ego trip as I feel I'm helping save the world through natural goods usage? All LOVE!
So, I have now decided that since I've tried probably every bath bomb, body bar and play dough there is, it was time for me to try some goods for the face. I was always rather scared to put this stuff on my face as I was convinced I would have irritation or that the product wouldn't do anything beneficial. Basically, I live by the motto "If it doesn't have salicylic acid, then I aint using it". However, I must admit I have been pleasantly surprised by these;


1. LUSH Ultrabland Facial Cleanser - This is the natural dupe of the Eve Lom Cleanser. It is amazing! It has a very buttery, waxy consistency which turns into an oil-like substance when rubbed into the skin. I have been using this every day for the past week and it has defiantly made my skin softer and has even taken away a lot of the redness that is caused by the cold weather. I use this by taking a generous amount out of the tub and apply it directly onto my face in the evening. It dissolves my makeup and even my eye makeup gets completely removed, along with any dirt or grime that I've picked up during the day. I just massage this all over my face using circular motions and then wipe off with a damp flannel - it's that easy. I follow up this with a spritz of the toner and apply my usual Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturiser and I'm done. I have this in a small tub but will definitely purchase the large one.

2. LUSH 9-5 Cleanser - I got this in a little sample size for free as I wasn't sure I'd like it. So far, if I'm wearing more makeup than usual, I will use this after the Ultrabland so I can do a double-cleanse, which will leave my skin squeaky clean. I apply this when my face is still wet and rub it in as usual, before removing with splashes of water. This doesn't seem to foam up or change to an oil, so I'm not sure exactly what it's meant to do. I haven't had any breakouts from it though but, as yet, I'm not sure this is a necessary product for me to have.

3. LUSH Tuca Tuca Gorilla Perfume (Solid) - I have never tried any of the Lush perfumes before but I thought I'd give this one a go. It smells amazing to say the least - a very musky, sweet, sexy smell which lingers on my wrists for hours after application. I swear his thing is also very soothing to smell and I feel instantly relaxed when I put it on. Lovely.

4. LUSH Tea Tree Water Spray Toner (Not pictured) - I forgot to take a picture of this along with the others. Ooops. I usually don't need a toner and don't necessarily think they do much good but as this has some tea tree oil in it, I thought it would help with my blemishes. This is actually very good and refreshing to use. It helps my moisturiser sink in and set much quicker, which is great. I only need this about once a day and so far it's doing a nice job.





























No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...